- Field Day Rescheduled
- Matching Donor - 5 Days to Achieve Goal!
- Get Involved with the PTO for next year
- New Dismissal Procedures
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Art Volunteers Needed
Field Day Rescheduled!
Due to the inclement weather we had last week, our Annual Wilson Montessori Field Day and Family Picnic has been rescheduled for Friday May 20, 2016. We are still planning fun physical activities for all grade levels including kickball, hula-hoop, jump rope, long jump, sack races, etc, and we still need volunteers! We also still plan to have a common lunch time for the entire school from 12:00-1:00 PM. Everyone will be eating a picnic lunch outside, so bring your blankets, and picnic baskets and join in the community fun!
Matching Donor - 5 Days to Achieve Goal of $2500!
We have another challenge from a parent! If we can raise $2,500 by the end of April, they will match the same amount. With this we will be over $40,000 (and counting) raised from our auction fundraising efforts! Click HERE to make your contribution. Every little bit helps!
PTO Board Opportunities!
The 2015-2016 PTO Board term is coming to an end and it is time to begin to fill our open Board positions for the 2016-2017 school year! If you have any interest in joining this team of parent and teacher leaders, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. There are many positions that require just one hour of service per week.
Dismissal Procedure Updates
Thank you for your patience during our time of change in dismissal procedures. As we go through our learning curve with the new procedure, we thought of a few ways that we can partner to make the transition smoother.
- Students who are designated as walkers must leave the school campus immediately at dismissal.
- For safety of all students, you must have your school provided car tag. If you do not have the school provided tag, you will be asked to pick up through the main entrance once the front doors open after dismissal is complete.
- Rainy day procedures will be the same.
Teacher Appreciation Week
- Monday: The week will kick off with a “Blast off Breakfast.” Use this sign up genius link to volunteer for setup/serving/clean up or to sign up to bring a breakfast item.
- Tuesday: Bring your teacher’s favorite Soda & Candy (see attached spreadsheet for a list of known “favorites.” If your teacher’s preference is not listed, check with your room parent.)
- Wednesday: Baked goods
- Thursday: Homemade cards, gifts, gift cards, etc.
- Friday: “My teacher is out of this world because…” coloring sheets. Print out the attached coloring sheet for your child to color and write a note to their favorite teachers and staff. (Don’t forget our wonderful ancillary teachers, administrative staff and operational staff!)
Art Volunteers Needed
Don't miss your chance to be part of something awesome!
Here is the help we need:
At Home Typing Artist Statements - On your own schedule. Pick up a stack of finished artwork and artist statements. Type them up and return the work when you are ready. Take as much or as little as you can do.
Family Work Day: We transform the school by covering all the bulletin boards with black paper and work together to sort, mount and label all the artwork.
Saturday May 7 9AM -12PM. Meet in the Art Room.
Super Stealth School Transformation Art Hanging Mission
Wednesday May 11 3:30- 6:00 PM
This year the art show opens on Friday of a STAAR testing week. So there will be no volunteers in the building during the school day. We are hoping to get all the work hung this afternoon. Meet after school at 3:30 in the art room.
Thursday May 12 2:30- 5:00
Extra time to hang and prepare artwork.
Friday May 13 5:00 PM - 8:30 PM
4:00 - 6:00 Set-up snack table
Set-up hands-on room
6:00-7:30 Work Snack Table
Monitor Hands On Room
7:30 - 8:30 Break Down Close-Up
Ruth Robbins, Art Teacher