In this week's special eNews Holiday Edition you will find info about:
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation Luncheon
- Refugee Donation Drive
Teacher/Staff Appreciation Luncheon - December 15th
The Teacher/Staff Appreciation Luncheon is Thursday, December 15th from 10:25am-12:15 p.m. Please consider bringing a potluck item (in a disposable dish) to share with our awesome Wilson staff. Don’t have time to make something? Have something delivered! We’ll need volunteers to help set up and clean up as well. Our teachers and staff do so much…let’s show them some love!
Please use the link HERE to sign up to bring a dish!
Refugee Donation Drive
Interfaith Ministries of Greater Houston has helped resettle refugees in Houston from over thirty different countries. Today in the world there are 13-15 million refugees, with women and children making up the majority of these displaced persons. When these families arrive in Houston they have to start from scratch. Interfaith Ministries supports the families with the goal of having them independent in 6 months time by providing them with the tools they need to make a new life, find work, care for their families, and take part in the American Dream.
When you are doing your Holiday shopping would you consider a gift for a refugee family?
- Under $5.00- stirring spoons (wooden or plastic), dustpan
- $5-$10- children’s books, cutting knives, serving utensils, pillows,brooms
- $10-$20 drinking glasses, can openers, plates, shower curtains, bath towels and washcloths, alarm clocks
- $20-$30- pots and pans, bed sheets or blankets (full or twin only), cutlery (knives, forks, spoons)
- Grocery store gift cards (Fiesta, Kroger) in $35.00 increments
- The most pressing items needed are computers less than four years old and used cell phones
You can bring your donation to the Wilson Office between December 5th-16th