IN THIS WEEK'S ENEWS YOU WILL FIND INFORMATION ABOUT:
- Election Day Bake Sale - Thank you!
- Fall Festival Fun!
- Early Dismissal Wednesday
- Your Vote is Needed - 2017-2018 District Calendar Options
- Thanksgiving Lunch and Holiday Reminder
Election Day Bake Sale - Thank you!
Early dismissal THIS Wednesday!School will dismiss this Wednesday, November 16th at 12:45PM. Please remember to make arrangements to pick up your child up on time.
Your Vote is Needed - 2017-2018 District Calendar Options
The time has come to set the calendar for the upcoming school year. This year, Dr. Carranza has created a survey that will allow you to share in the process of setting the HISD calendar for the 2017-2018 school year. Listed below are the two options that are being considered:
- Draft A: Aligns with previous years, in which students, teachers, and staff would get three days off for Thanksgiving (November 22-24, 2017), with school ending May 31, 2018, for students and June 1, 2018, for teachers.
- Draft B: A departure from previous years, this option would give students, teachers, and staff the full week of Thanksgiving off (November 20-24, 2017), with school ending June 1, 2018, for students and June 4, 2018, for teachers.
Both drafts are posted online for you to review and then vote for the draft you prefer. You have until November 30 to cast your vote. Click here to see the survey in English, and click here to see the survey in Spanish.
At the December board meeting, the administration will then recommend for Board approval whichever version of the calendar receives the most votes. Please share with other parents in your schools!